Saturday, November 19, 2022

Wordle 518

⬛️🟨🟨⬛️🟨 GRAPE
🟨🟨🟨🟨⬛️ EARTH
🟩⬛️🟨🟨🟨 AFTER
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 AVERT

This took maybe 10 minutes. I looked through the list of prior answers to make sure that I didn’t guess something that had previously or recently been the answer.

This is just the second time I have started a game with 0.3.2 this month. This is the first time this month that a game has ended with more yellow letters than either green or black letters. It is just the sixth time that this has happened since I started tracking my games in March. It has never happened more than once per month and it has not happened every month.

🟩⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️ GRAPE
🟩⬛️🟨⬛️🟨 GHOUL
🟩🟩⬛️🟩🟩 GOOLY
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 GODLY

My fourth guess probably should have been my third guess. I didn’t think my third guess was a word.

🟨⬛️⬛️⬛️🟨⬛️ MODERN
⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️🟨🟩 SQUIRM
⬛️🟨⬛️🟨⬛️🟩 GRAHAM
⬛️🟨🟩⬛️🟨⬛️ CRYPTS
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 RHYTHM

This took me a while. I overlooked the fact that I put the R in the same place in my second guess as it was in my first. I knew that my fourth guess couldn’t be the right answer but I played it anyway because I was getting desperate and it did help me to find the right answer.

This is the fourth time in the last six games that I have started with 0.2.4 which is much more frequent than that happens on average.

⬛️⬛️🟩⬛️⬛️🟨⬛️ FAULTED
🟩🟨🟩⬛️🟨🟨⬛️ EXUDING
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 EQUINOX

This took a little while. I consulted my list of start words but I couldn’t find anything that fit after my first guess. I knew my second guess couldn’t by the answer but I tried it anyway. It helped but it still took me a while to figure out what my third guess should be.

This the seventh time I have started with 1.1.5. I have finished all of those games in 3 or 4 guesses. It is the second time I have started with 1.1.5 during my current streak. I finished both those games in 3 guesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment