Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Wordle 501

⬛️⬛️🟨🟨🟨 SHINE
🟩🟩🟨🟨⬛️ INTER
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 INEPT

This was relatively easy but getting three of the letters on your first guess makes a big difference.

It is unusual for me to start with 0.3.2 which according to my records happens on average once every 20 games. My previous 0.3.2 on my first guess happened 59 days ago on Sep 4. The combination of starting with 0.3.2 and finishing in 3 guesses is not unusual. More often than not (7/12) if I start with with 0.3.2 then I finish it in 3 guesses.

🟨⬛️⬛️🟨🟩⬛️ EXHORT
⬛️⬛️⬛️🟨🟩⬛️ UNBORN
⬛️🟩⬛️🟩🟩🟩 POWERS
⬛️🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 MOVERS
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 LOVERS

I’m probably lucky that I finished this game at all. My second guess was a colossal blunder.

I started with 1.2.3 for the first time this month. I had two such games each in September and October and four in August. I am usually (5/9) able to finish them in 3 guesses.

This was my 100th game of 6-letter Wordle. My overall average is 4.1 guesses per game. My average was 4.13 after 75 games. My average for the past 25 games is exactly 4.

Last 25 / Overall
2 x0 / 2 x2
3 x9 / 3 x29
4 x9 / 4 x36
5 x5 / 5 x24
6 x2 / 6 x8
7 x0 / 7 x1

I had three 6G games and no 0Y games in the past 25 games. Overall I have had six 6G games and three 0Y games.

I usually (65/100) get at least two letters (G or Y) on my first guess. I usually (67/100) don’t get any green letters on my first guess. It is rare (4/100) that I get more than one green letter on my first guess. The most green letters I have gotten on my first guess is two. It isn’t unusual for me to get up to 3 letters (G or Y) on my first guess. It is rare (4/100) for me to get 4 letters on my first guess and I have never gotten more than four.

⬛️⬛️🟨⬛️⬛️🟨🟨 AUDITOR
🟨⬛️⬛️🟨🟨🟩🟨 REZONED
⬛️⬛️🟩🟨🟨🟩🟨 BLONDER
⬛️🟨🟩⬛️🟩🟩🟩 FROGMEN
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 DOORMEN

This took me a while because I was determined not to try any words that I knew were not correct. Despite this intention my third and fourth guesses were both words that I knew could not be the solution.

Usually (10/16) when I begin with 0.3.4 I finish in 4 guesses. That trend seems to be shifting. Three of the past five games that I have started with 0.3.4 have taken me 5 or 6 guesses to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment