Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Wordle 515

⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️ GHOUL
⬛️🟩⬛️🟨🟨 FAIRE
🟨🟩⬛️🟩⬛️ RAMEN
⬛️🟩⬛️🟩🟩 CAPER
⬛️🟩⬛️🟩🟩 WATER
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 BAKER

This was not short or sweet. I took my time with this one. It took more guesses than I wanted it to. There were lots of other possible correct answers but somehow I found the right one. I was nervous after my second guess because I could see that there was a myriad of possibilities. There seem to be some rules about words that end with ER and I tried to stick with them when I was picking my last three guesses and in the end it seems to have paid off but I think I also got lucky.

I finished the first 53 games in my current streak without it taking me 6 guesses to finish a game. This is the second time in the past 4 games that it has taken me 6 guesses to finish a game.

This is the first time I have started a game with 0.0.5 and finished it in 6 guesses since Aug 27. Usually (22/30) I am able to finish games that begin with 0.0.5 in three or four guesses. It is less common (8/30) for it to take me five or six guesses. I still have yet to lose a game that began with 0.0.5.

⬛️⬛️🟨🟨🟨 GHOUL
⬛️🟩🟩🟨⬛️ COULD
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 LOUSE

That was a lot easier that the NYT 5-letter game.

🟨⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️🟨 HANKER
⬛️🟨🟨🟨⬛️⬛️ SHROUD
⬛️🟩🟩🟨⬛️🟨 CROTCH
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 TROPHY

Not too difficult but it took me more than 5 minutes. I had my doubts about playing CROTCH but I did anyway and it did help.

⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️🟨🟨⬛️ COSTUME
🟨🟨🟩⬛️🟨🟨⬛️ MAUDLIN
⬛️🟩🟩🟩🟨⬛️⬛️ PLUMAGE
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ALUMIUM

This took me a little while. According to spellcheck the answer is not a word. According to an online search it is an obsolete form of aluminum. I didn’t think it was a real word when I tried it.

No comments:

Post a Comment