Thursday, November 10, 2022

Wordle 509

⬛️🟨⬛️⬛️🟨 VEGAN
⬛️🟨🟨⬛️🟩 OUNCE
⬛️⬛️🟨🟨🟩 PRUNE
⬛️🟩⬛️🟨🟩 ENSUE
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 UNITE

Maybe I should have been able to finish this in fewer guesses than I did. The answer was the same as on the Septle web site on the first day that the puzzles diverged.

This makes two days in a row without finishing a game in 3 or 4 guesses. It has been almost a month since the last time that happened.

⬛️🟨⬛️⬛️⬛️ VEGAN
⬛️🟨⬛️⬛️🟩 FROZE
⬛️⬛️⬛️🟩🟩 QUIRE
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 THERE

Here’s the Septle version of the game for today.

🟨⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️ SPRING
⬛️⬛️⬛️🟩🟩🟨 TOWELS
⬛️⬛️🟩🟩🟩🟩 UNSELF
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 MYSELF

Maybe I should have been able to finish this one off in fewer guesses. I didn’t think UNSELF was a word but I tried it anyway. MYSELF had not occurred to me as a possible answer at that point.

I noticed that my first guess only had one vowel but I decided to go with it anyway. I’m not sure that was a sound call.

I finished this game in 4 guesses which has happened half the time (11/22) when I start with 0.1.5.

⬛️⬛️🟨⬛️⬛️⬛️🟨 QUILTED
🟩🟩⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️ DIVORCE
🟩🟩⬛️⬛️⬛️🟩⬛️ DISBAND
🟩🟩⬛️⬛️🟩🟩🟩 DIMMING
🟩🟩⬛️⬛️🟩🟩🟩 DIPPING
🟩🟩⬛️⬛️🟩🟩🟩 DIGGING
🟩🟩🟩⬛️🟩🟩🟩 DINGING
🟩🟩🟩⬛️🟩🟩🟩 DINKING
DINNING :(

This streak, my first, ends at 108. I considered trying DINNING as my final guess but I ended up going with something else. I should have known that DINGING could not be the right answer. Oh, well. Tomorrow I start a new streak. I still have yet to successfully finish a game in 1 or 8 guesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment