Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Wordle 500

🟨⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️ EXALT
⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️🟨 MOUSE
⬛️🟨🟨⬛️⬛️ WEIGH
⬛️🟩🟨🟨⬛️ FIEND
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 PINEY

This one took a few more guesses than I wanted it to but it probably didn’t take me more than 10 minutes to finish. I don’t think I wasted any guesses but it wasn’t until my fifth guess that I finally got the E in the right place.

Seven of the past ten games have begun with 0.1.4 even though on average that happens only about one-third of the time.

My current streak is now at 42 which ties the second longest of my previous streaks. It will take me seven-and-a-half weeks, until Christmas Eve, if I make it, to close the gap between my current streak and my longest one.

⬛️🟨🟨⬛️⬛️⬛️ FINGER
⬛️⬛️🟨🟨🟨🟨 ACTION
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 POINTY

This took about 5-10 minutes. My second guess came from my list of start words. It was one of two words that fit.

This is the first time in any game of Wordle (5, 6, or 7 letter) that I have ever finished with an equal number of green, yellow and black tiles.

This my first 6G this month, thus extending the streak of months with at least one 6G to 4. It is also the third one in the past 8 games even though on average (6/99) it happens considerably less frequently.

This makes 3 games in a row that I have started with 0.2.4 which is the first time that has happened with this particular opening. It ties a similar streak of opening with 0.1.5 which happened a little over a week ago.

⬛️⬛️🟨⬛️⬛️⬛️🟨 VOUCHER
🟨🟨🟨⬛️🟨🟨⬛️ BURPING
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 UNBRAID

I consulted my list of start words when working on my second guess but nothing on the list fit. It took me little while to figure out what to play for my third guess. I played the first word that I came up with that fit.

This is my first 7G of the month and sixth one overall. The previous one occurred 55 days ago on Sep 7.

This is the second time in any Wordle game (and second time today) that I finished a game with an equal number of green, yellow, and black tiles.

This is my 100th game of Wordle-7 or Septle. My overall average is currently 3.95 but it was 3.88 twenty-five games ago. My average for the past 25 games is 4.16 which makes sense considering that lately my average has been on the rise.

Last 25 / Overall
2 x1 / 2 x3
3 x7 / 3 x35
4 x8 / 4 x37
5 x5 / 5 x16
6 x4 / 6 x7
7 x0 / 7 x2

I have had one 0Y and one 7G in the past 25 games. Overall I have had six 7G games and two OY games.

I get at least 3 letters (yellow or green) more often than not (59/100) on my first guess. The most I letters (Y or G) I have got on my first guess is 5 but that has only happened on two occasions. It is unusual (12/100) for me to get more than 1 green letter on my first guess. I have never got more than three green letters on my first guess. More often than not (64/100) I don’t get any green letters on my first guess. Three of the four times I have not got any green or yellow letters on my first guess have happened in the past 25 games.

I have finished the game in 2 guesses just three times and I have yet to guess the correct answer on my first guess. I have only taken 7 guesses to finish a game on two occasions, one of which was in the past 25 games. I have yet to finish a game in 8 guesses or fail to find the correct answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment