Monday, November 7, 2022

Wordle 506

⬛️⬛️⬛️🟨⬛️ HAUNT
🟨⬛️🟨⬛️🟨 NOISE
🟨🟨⬛️🟨⬛️ INFER
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 BEGIN

This took about 10 minutes. The first three guesses took no time at all. The fourth guess took me a little longer.

Usually Septle and Wordle have the same 5-letter game. Today they weren’t the same. I wonder why? I got it in four on Septle but I didn’t notice the incongruity until I had typed in three of my guesses from playing on NYT.

This is my first 5G this month, third one during my current streak, and 12th one overall. My previous 5G happened exactly 3 weeks ago, on Oct 17. I have had at least 1 every month from April through November.

⬛️⬛️🟨🟨🟨 HAUNT
🟨⬛️🟩⬛️🟩 NOISE
🟨🟩⬛️🟨⬛️ INFER
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 UNITE

Here’s the game that I played on Septle.

🟨🟩⬛️⬛️🟩🟨 ARMPIT
⬛️🟩🟨🟨🟩⬛️ GRATIN
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 TRIVIA

I like the symmetry in the layout of my guesses.

I violated my own rules by not trying to incorporate other vowels in subsequent guesses. I spent most of my time playing this game trying to come up with my third guess.

I started this game with 2.2.2 which had only happened once before, on Aug 26. I also finished that game in 3 guesses. This is just the fifth time that I have got 2 green letters on my first guess.

⬛️⬛️🟨⬛️⬛️🟨⬛️ CRAZIER
🟨🟨⬛️🟨🟩⬛️⬛️ ATHLETE
⬛️🟩🟨⬛️🟩⬛️🟨 OATMEAL
🟨🟩⬛️⬛️🟩⬛️⬛️ TANGENT
⬛️🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛️🟩 WASTERS
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 PASTELS

This felt like a hot mess. I started with a word that has a letter repeated, a big no-no in my book on a first guess, and just went downhill from there. My fourth and fifth guesses were missing the letter L. My fifth guess had an R when I knew that had been eliminated. I should probably just be happy that my streak didn’t end here.

The last time that I started a game with 0.2.5 and that it took me 6 guesses to finish was on Sep 15. This is the first game this month that it has taken me 6 guesses to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment