Sunday, October 30, 2022

Wordle 498

⬛️⬛️⬛️🟨⬛️ DECAY
🟩🟩⬛️⬛️🟨 WAIST
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 WALTZ

This took a little over 5 minutes. It took me a few minutes to figure out what my options were after my second guess. WALTZ was the first and only word that occurred to me.

I started with 0.1.4 for the sixth time in the past eight games.

This is my 250th game of Wordle. My average score is 4.10 but if I exclude losses then it is 4.05. That is the lowest cumulative average score I have ever had.

The dominance of games that take 4 guesses to complete continues but it has diminished a bit. Considering that my average score has dropped over the course of the last 25 games that means that I have had completed more games in 3 guesses than 4 in that stretch.

I completed all of the last 25 games in 3, 4, or 5 guesses. I finished 11 of the past 25 games in 3 guesses, 7 in 4 guesses, and 7 in 5 guesses.

I had one 5G and two 0Y games in the past 25 games. All three of those came in games that it took me 3 guesses to complete.

The current split between 3 and 5 guess games is currently +9 in favor of 3 guess games and that is the highest it has ever been.

🟨⬛️⬛️⬛️🟨⬛️ HELIUM
⬛️⬛️🟩⬛️🟨🟨 FOURTH
⬛️🟨🟩⬛️🟨⬛️ SHUNTS
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 CAUGHT

It took me a while after my third guess to figure out that the answer could end with GHT. Once I figured that out it only took me another minute to finish the game.

I started with 0.2.4 for the first time in over a week but the seventh time this month.

🟩🟨⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️🟨 IMPROVE
🟩🟩⬛️🟩🟨🟩⬛️ INFAMED
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 INMATES

I consulted my list of start words but there was nothing that fit. I didn’t think that INFAMED was a word. Spellcheck seems to agree with me but the game let me play it. It didn’t take long at all to polish off this game after my second guess.

It was on Sep 30, exactly 1 month ago, that I last started with 1.2.6 and finished the game in three guesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment