Thursday, October 20, 2022

Wordle 488

⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️🟩 CAROM
⬛️🟩⬛️⬛️🟩 VELUM
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 DENIM

This one took me a little while. I really had trouble figuring out what my third guess should be but my second guess also didn’t exactly leap out at me. My list of start words didn’t help me today.

My second 0Y of the month and the streak, and my 13th one overall. I have had at least one every month from April through October.

I am currently in the midst of a run of 6 games in which I have finished in 3 or 4 guesses. My record is 9 consecutive games. That has happened just once before, from May 23 to 31. Prior to my current run I had a run of games in which it took me 5 guesses in 5 out of 6 games.

My previous streak ended exactly a month ago today and lasted just 3 games. I am 30 games into my current streak.

⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️🟨🟨 DONATE
🟨⬛️🟨🟨🟨⬛️ SUITER
🟨🟩🟨🟨⬛️⬛️ ITSELF
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ETHICS

This took longer than I wanted it to take. I didn’t have too much trouble coming up with my second guess but third one took a while.

I have finished 4 of the past 5 games in 4 guesses.

⬛️⬛️🟩🟨⬛️⬛️🟩 MONITOR
⬛️🟨🟩⬛️⬛️🟩🟩 PINCHER
⬛️⬛️🟩⬛️🟩🟩🟩 DANDIER
⬛️🟩🟩⬛️🟩🟩🟩 GUNGIER
⬛️🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 FUNKIER
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 JUNKIER

I didn’t notice that my start word had one letter repeated until after I tried it. I might have finished this one a little faster if I had gone with my gut and had my second guess end with IER.

This is the sixth time it has taken me 6 guesses and the third time that I started with 2.1.4 but it’s the first time that both those things happened in the same game. The other two games that I started with 2.1.4 I finished in 3 guesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment