Saturday, October 8, 2022

Wordle 476

🟨⬛️⬛️⬛️🟨 GUANO
⬛️🟨🟨🟨⬛️ FORGE
⬛️🟩🟩🟩🟩 RIGOR
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 VIGOR

I could have and probably should have finished this game in 3 guesses. If I had thought a little more before I played RIGOR then I would have realized that VIGOR was a better option because it didn’t have two Rs.

⬛️⬛️🟨⬛️⬛️🟨 ABRUPT
⬛️🟨⬛️🟩🟩🟩 LOITER
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 OYSTER

This one probably took me about 10-15 minutes. It took me a little longer to come up with my third guess than it did my second guess.

This was my 75th game of the 6-letter version of Wordle which I play on the Septle web site.

My average number of moves per game has been slowly sneaking upward. It was 3.96 after 25 games and 4.10 after 50 games. It is now 4.13.

I usually (67/75) get at least one letter on the first guess. Usually (50/75) I don’t get any green tiles on my first guess. It is pretty rare (4/75) that I get more than one green tile on my first guess. I have never got more than 2 green tiles on my first guess. It isn’t unusual (20/75) for me to get 3 letters on my first guess. It is unusual (3/75) for me to get 4 letters on my first guess. I have never got 5 or 6 letters on my first guess.

⬛️⬛️⬛️🟨⬛️⬛️⬛️ CURSORY
⬛️🟨🟨⬛️🟨🟨🟨 VESTING
🟩🟨🟨🟨⬛️🟨⬛️ SINGLED
🟩🟨⬛️🟨🟨🟩⬛️ SEWINGS
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 SPINAGE

This one didn’t take too long. My second guess came from my start word list. There were two other words on the list that fit but I liked the idea of playing a word that ended in ING and this was the only one of those.

I didn’t think that SPINAGE was a word. I gave it a try because it kind of sounded like one.

No comments:

Post a Comment