Monday, October 10, 2022

Wordle 478

⬛️🟨⬛️⬛️⬛️ MOTIF
🟨⬛️🟨⬛️⬛️ OPERA
⬛️🟨⬛️🟩🟩 DECOY
🟩🟩⬛️🟩🟩 ENVOY
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ENJOY

My second guess came from my list of start words. There was just one other word that fit my criteria but I liked OPERA better. My third guess was the first word that occurred to me and a bit of a shot in the dark, but it worked. My fourth guess was a good one but not the right word.

This makes the second consecutive day that I started with 0.1.4 and it took me 5 guesses to finish the game. That also happened on Apr 20-21, Jul 2-3, and Jul 36-27. I have never had that happen on three consecutive days.

My longest streak of starting with 0.1.4 lasted 5 days and occurred on May 17-21. My longest streak of games that lasted 5 guesses was also 5 days and occurred on Jul 2-6.

⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️🟨🟩 OCULAR
⬛️🟩⬛️⬛️🟩🟩 WAIVER
⬛️🟩⬛️⬛️🟩🟩 MASHER
⬛️🟩🟩⬛️🟩🟩 BANTER
⬛️🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 PANDER
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 GANDER

There were lots of possibilities after my second guess. I wish it had not taken me quite so many guesses to get to the answer but I’m also glad that I did figure it out.

This is my second game that took 6 guesses this month and seventh overall.

⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️ SHAPELY
🟨🟨🟨⬛️🟨🟨⬛️ ROUTING
⬛️🟨🟨⬛️🟩🟨🟩 PURLOIN
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 UNICORN

This is just the second time that I started with 0.0.7. The first time was exactly 2 months ago on Aug 10. I was stunned to see that I went from 0 to 5 letter on my second guess. I tried to find a word for my third guess that fit but after 10-15 minutes the best I could come up with is a word that used two letters that had already been eliminated. It didn’t take me quite as long to come up with my fourth and final guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment