Thursday, October 13, 2022

Wordle 481

⬛️⬛️🟨⬛️🟨 CRANE
⬛️🟨⬛️🟨⬛️ TAPED
⬛️🟨🟨🟩⬛️ BELAY
⬛️🟨🟨🟩⬛️ GLEAM
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 EQUAL

Yet another one that took more guesses and more time than I wanted it to. I didn’t consult my list of start words for subsequent guesses. It seemed like there were lots of possibilities although it still took me a while to figure this one out.

This is the second consecutive day that I have started with 0.2.3 and that it has taken me 5 guesses. That’s the first time that has happened on consecutive days. Four of my past five games have taken 5 guesses. Five of my past seven games have started with 0.2.3.

⬛️🟨⬛️⬛️🟨⬛️ SULTAN
🟨🟨⬛️🟨🟨⬛️ UPWARD
🟨🟩🟨⬛️⬛️🟨 PAUPER
⬛️🟩🟩🟨🟩🟩 WARMUP
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 MARKUP

This one took a lot more time than I hoped it would. I checked my start word list after my first guess but I could not find any words on the list that fit for my second one. I considered playing PAUPER as my second guess but I didn’t want to because it has two Ps. I decided to give it a try once I saw that the right answer had most of the letters in PAUPER. I might have been able to finish this game in four guesses if I had tried PAUPER as my second guess. I knew WARMUP couldn’t be the right answer but it did help to eliminate some possibilities and I didn’t think of MARKUP until after I had tried WARMUP.

⬛️⬛️⬛️🟨🟩🟩🟨 INGRATE
⬛️🟨🟨⬛️🟩🟩⬛️ PRELATE
🟨🟨⬛️⬛️🟩🟩🟩 RECOATS
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 THREATS

This one took me a while. I looked at my list of start words but there was nothing that fit. I knew that PRELATE couldn’t be the answer but I tried it anyway. It helped but not as much as I hoped it would.

This was just the second 2.2.3 on my opening guess. The last time was on Sep 1. I finished that game in 2 guesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment