Friday, October 7, 2022

Wordle 475

⬛️🟨🟨⬛️⬛️ UNDER
🟩⬛️⬛️🟨🟨 DIVAN
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 DANDY

This one took me about 10-15 minutes. It took me 5 or more words to figure out what to play for each of my second and third guesses.

I checked my start word list when I was trying to figure out what my second guess should be. There was nothing on the list that fit the criteria for the second word.

It looks like this one gave a lot of people a lot of trouble. DIVAN was a lucky guess. If I had guessed something like HANDY then I would have had 4 green tiles but there would have been quite a few possibilities going forward. I was intent on making sure that my second guess had more than one vowel so that didn’t happen. It was a good call and I will try to remember it.

⬛️🟨⬛️⬛️⬛️🟨 MARINE
⬛️⬛️🟨🟨⬛️⬛️ CHEATS
🟨⬛️🟩⬛️🟩🟩 LEADED
⬛️🟩🟩⬛️🟩🟩 PLAYED
⬛️🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 BLAZED
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 GLAZED

My first 6 of the month and my 6th one so far. If I had guessed G or Z earlier than I did then I might have finished this game in fewer guesses.

⬛️⬛️⬛️🟨🟨⬛️⬛️ SUBLIME
⬛️⬛️⬛️🟩⬛️⬛️🟨 OPTICAL
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 LIVIDLY

My second guess came from my list of previously used start words. It made it clear that there was only one vowel in the correct answer. I figured that there had to be more than one I in the correct answer and thought that it might end with LY. LIVIDLY was the first word that I came up with that fit. I wasn’t sure that it was a word but I tried it anyway. I was stunned to see that it was the right answer. There probably were other possibilities but I’m not sure what they are.

I have now played 75 games of Septle or 7-letter wordle. I have finished 57/75 games in 3 (28) or 4 (29) guesses. All but 7 games (9.5%) took 3, 4, or 5 guesses. I have yet to guess the correct answer on my first guess. I have finished 2 games on my second guess, 3 on my sixth guess, and 2 on my 7th guess. I have yet to lose a game or have a game take 8 guesses.

I have only once in 75 games not guessed a single correct letter on my first guess. Exactly one-third of the time (25/75) I get three correct letters on my first guess although usually those are yellow letters. I have guessed 4 correct letters on my first guess 28 percent (21/75) of the time but only twice have I guessed 5 letters correctly on my first guess and never more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment