Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Wordle 486

⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️ AMOUR
🟨⬛️🟩⬛️🟨 SHINE
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 EXIST

I consulted my list of start words when deciding what my second guess should be but SHINE wasn’t on my list. It is now. I found the answer kind of by chance. I typed it in without even thinking that I was typing a real word. I put E at the beginning. I put X next as a place holder. I typed I next because it had to there. I ended the word with ST because it seemed like a plausible ending. It was only then that I realized I had typed a possible answer which turned out to be the correct answer.

I have started with 0.0.5 and finished in three guesses before, seven times to be precise, but the previous time was over two months ago on Aug 3.

⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️🟨 NUBILE
🟩⬛️⬛️⬛️🟨⬛️ SOAPED
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛️🟩 STREWS
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 STRESS

So close. Almost had it 3 but I didn’t have much to go on after my second guess. I was thinking at first that it might be something like STEERS before deciding to try STREWS.

The pairing of 0.1.5 on my first guess and finishing the game in 4 guesses isn’t unusual. It happens more frequently than not (9/16) but I have never started with 0.1.5 and finished in less than 4 guesses.

Today makes 6 days in a row without a green tile in my first guess, which ties my record.

⬛️🟨🟨🟨⬛️⬛️⬛️ ROUTING
⬛️🟨⬛️⬛️🟨🟨🟨 CAMPOUT
🟩🟩🟩🟨⬛️⬛️🟩 OUTAGES
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛️🟩 OUTLAYS
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 OUTLAWS

I knew my third guess couldn’t be the right answer but I tried it anyway. It turned out to be a good call. Maybe I could have finished this one in four but OUTLAWS didn’t occur to me until after I tried OUTLAYS.

The last time I started with 0.3.4 it took me 6 guesses. It has been three weeks exactly since the last time I started with 0.3.4 and finished in 5 guesses. Usually (8/13) if I start with 0.3.4 then I finish the game in 4 guesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment