Thursday, October 27, 2022

Wordle 495

⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️🟨 SONIC
🟩🟩⬛️⬛️⬛️ CAULK
🟩🟩⬛️⬛️🟨 CAVER
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 CARRY

This took 10 minutes or so. I wanted my second guess to include the three vowels that I had not tried yet in my first guess but I had trouble coming up with one that fit. I did not consult my list of start words. I also considered making CARAT my fourth guess but I thought of CARRY first and decided to go with that because I thought of it first.

Yesterday I also started with 0.1.4 and finished the game in four guesses. Four of the last five games have started with 0.1.4 which is extremely common but doesn’t usually occur that frequently.

⬛️🟨🟨🟨🟨⬛️ URGENT
🟨🟩🟨⬛️🟨⬛️ RENEGE
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 GERMAN

I don’t know what I was thinking when I made my second guess but it was not a good guess. There were no vowels other than E and one of them was in the same place I had tried E on my first guess. I was stunned when my third guess turned out to be the right answer. I played with the letters for at least 10 minutes when I finally decided to try GERMAN. I had not found anything else that fit.

This is my first 0.4.2 in the 94 games I have played. This makes 5 games in a row without a green tile on my first guess. My record is 6 games in a row which happened earlier this month. I have only seen green tiles on my first guess in 2 of the past 15 games which is much lower than my average which is around 1/3 of the time.

⬛️🟩🟩🟨⬛️⬛️⬛️ CARIBOU
🟨🟩🟩⬛️🟨⬛️⬛️ PARKING
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 WARSHIP

This game took me about 10 minutes to complete. I checked my list of start words but there was nothing that fit.

This is the fourth time I have started with 2.1.4 but it is the third time I have started with 2.1.4 and finished in 3 guesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment