Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Wordle 472

⬛️⬛️🟨🟨⬛️ ALBUM
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛️ BOUGE
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 BOUGH

I wasn’t sure that BOUGE was an English word but I tried it anyway because it had three vowels. I was stunned to see how close it brought me to the right answer.

⬛️🟨⬛️⬛️🟨⬛️ FOIBLE
🟨🟩🟨⬛️⬛️⬛️ SLOUGH
⬛️🟩🟨🟨⬛️🟨 CLOAKS
🟩🟩⬛️🟩🟨🟨 ALLOTS
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ALMOST

This one took me more guesses than I wanted. I overlooked the fact that CLOAKS couldn’t be the right answer but I guessed ALLOTS understanding that it couldn’t be the right answer.

🟨⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️ ASTOUND
⬛️⬛️🟨🟨🟩🟩🟨 GRIMACE
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 IMPEACH

I was ASTOUNDed to see that my first guess only included one letter that was in the correct answer. Maybe I shouldn't have been. It happens about 12 percent of the time. I went back to my list of start words to find a word that would be a good second guess. That tactic seems to have paid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment