Thursday, December 22, 2022

Wordle 551

⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️🟨 ROUTE
⬛️🟨⬛️⬛️⬛️ WEIGH
⬛️⬛️⬛️🟩🟩 PANEL
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 EXCEL

This game took me probably 7 to 8 minutes. I spent most of that time trying to figure out what my fourth guess should be. The word I chose was the only one that fit that occurred to me.

I was pretty sure after my second guess that I wasn’t going to finish this one in 3 guesses and that it might take me more than 4 guesses to get to the right answer. I am very happy that it only took me 4 guesses.

Usually (38/91) when I start with 0.1.4 I finish the it in 4 guesses. It is unusual (10/91) when I start with 0.1.4 for the game to last more than 5 guesses. I have yet to start with 0.1.4 and finish in 2 guesses.

⬛️⬛️🟩🟨⬛️ ROUTE
🟨⬛️🟩⬛️⬛️ TRUST
🟩🟩🟩⬛️⬛️ STUCK
🟩🟩🟩⬛️⬛️ STUMP
🟩🟩🟩⬛️⬛️ STUFF
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 STUDY

This game took me 5-10 minutes. I thought of STUDY after my third guess but it was the answer in the NYT game on Nov 30 so I held off on trying that as long as I could think of other words that fit. I might might have tried something else as my sixth guess if another word had occurred to me.

This is the second time I started with 1.1.3 and finished in 6 guesses. The last time this happened was on Dec 11.

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ADVERB

I decided not to waste a perfectly good start word and just guess the word from 4 months ago that I thought it might be.

🟨🟨⬛️⬛️🟩⬛️🟨 REDOUBT
🟨🟨⬛️🟩🟩⬛️⬛️ RESTUMP
🟩⬛️⬛️🟩🟩🟩🟩 FEATURE
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 FIXTURE

This game took me about 10 minutes to finish. I didn’t think my second guess was a word. Spellcheck seems to agree with me on that point. I wouldn’t have played it (because I already knew that the answer couldn’t begin with RE) if I had thought it was an acceptable guess.

This makes two days in a row that I have started with 1.3.3 and finished in 4 guesses. I usually only start with 1.3.3 about 7 percent of the time.

This is my 150th game of Septle. My overall average score is 3.87. I have had ten 7G games, half of which happened in the last two calendar months. I have had just four 0Y games but two of them occurred this month.

I get two or more yellow or green letters on my first guess 85% of the time but 62% of the time I don't get any green letters. There have only been 5 times in 150 games that I have started with seven black letters.

Here's the chart of my guess distributions for the first 150 games. The difference between the number of 3 and 4 guess games has gone back and forth. The biggest lead that 4 has had over 3 is six games. The biggest lead that 3 has had over 4 is three games. 



No comments:

Post a Comment