Sunday, December 11, 2022

Wordle 540

⬛️🟨🟩⬛️⬛️ WEIRD
🟨🟨🟩⬛️⬛️ EVICT
🟨⬛️🟩🟩🟩 ALIVE
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 NAIVE

This only took me a few minutes.

This is the fifth time in the past fifteen games that I have started with 1.1.3. Prior to this little streak of sorts I started with 1.1.3 about 10 percent of the time but now it is about 11 percent of the time. Either way I don’t expect it to continue happening at the current pace of every third game.

⬛️🟩⬛️🟨⬛️ WEIRD
⬛️🟩🟨⬛️⬛️ FERAL
⬛️🟩⬛️⬛️🟨 NEVER
🟩🟩⬛️⬛️⬛️ REPOS
🟩🟩⬛️🟩🟩 REBUT
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 RECUT

This took me a while. I am pretty sure there weren’t any other possibilities when I got to my final guess but I checked and rechecked it before hitting the enter button.

The only thing this and the NYT game have in common is that the both began with 1.1.3. This is the first game that took me 6 guesses to complete, if you don’t count the 3 games where I failed to find the answer.

🟨⬛️🟨⬛️🟩⬛️ RESULT
⬛️⬛️🟩🟨🟩🟨 WHIRLS
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 GRISLY

This was not a fast game. I got lucky with my second guess. I only put one vowel in the word but it was the right one in the right place.

I thought this word might have come up before. It has. Not only that but the past four answers came up before on consecutive days in August. If this keeps up then tomorrow’s word should be WEEKLY. I may just give up on the 6-letter game if that is the case.

⬛️🟨⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️ PROUDLY
🟨⬛️🟨⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️ REAKING
🟨⬛️🟩🟩⬛️⬛️⬛️ CARAMBA
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 SCRATCH

This game took me a little while. Spellcheck does not like my second guess. I was surprised to learn after my second guess that A was the only vowel in the answer. I was surprised that the game accepted my third guess.

This is the first time I have started a game with 0.1.6 in almost a month, since Nov 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment