Saturday, December 3, 2022

Wordle 532

⬛️⬛️⬛️🟨⬛️ ZEBRA
🟨🟨🟨⬛️🟨 STOUR
🟨🟩🟨🟩🟨 ROOST
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 TORSO

This probably took about 5 minutes. I didn’t think my second guess was a valid word. I had to look up the definition. It is not a common word but it made a huge difference in this game. The answer is not an uncommon word but the fact that it has two Os and ends with an O might trip up some people.

This is the first time I started a game with 0.1.4 and finished it in 4 guesses since Nov 7.

⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️🟨 ZEBRA
🟨⬛️🟩⬛️⬛️ AUDIO
⬛️🟩🟩⬛️⬛️ MADAM
⬛️🟩🟩⬛️🟩 SADLY
⬛️🟩🟩🟩🟩 PADDY
⬛️🟩🟩🟩🟩 CADDY

DADDY :(

Wow! That ended way too quickly. I overlooked the correct answer when I was down to my last couple guesses.

This is the second time this month and in the past three days that I have screwed this up.

⬛️🟨⬛️🟨⬛️🟨 ADVERT
⬛️⬛️🟨🟩🟩🟩 POUTED
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 BUNTED

This game didn’t take long, maybe two minutes.

This is the first time I have started a game with 0.3.3 and finished in three guesses since Oct 14. This is the fifth day in a row that there have been exactly 9 green letters in my game which extends this ridiculous streak.

⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️ DESTINY
⬛️🟨🟨🟩🟨🟨🟨 GLAMOUR
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 FORMULA

I consulted my list of start words when selecting my second guess. There was just one other word on the list that fit. It would not have helped me find the answer any faster.

I was at a loss after my second guess but I played around with the letters, rearranging them this way and that for 5-10 minutes before I found my third guess.

This is just the sixth time I have started a game with 0.0.7, cue the James Bond theme. This is the first time I have started a game with 0.0.7 and finished it in 3 guesses. The five previous games that opened with 0.0.7 were completed in 4 or 5 guesses.

I thought FORMULA was the answer once before. I went back and looked and I was right. It happened on Aug 13. I started with 1.2.4 that time around and it took me 5 guesses.


Septle realized they made a mistake. I thought they might so I checked back just in case. The second time around the five letter game was the same as as the NYT puzzle. It took me 5 guesses to complete it.

🟨🟨⬛️🟩🟨⬛️ ADVERT
⬛️⬛️🟩🟩🟩🟩 UNREAD
⬛️⬛️🟩🟩🟩🟩 REREAD
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 SPREAD

This one took me about 10-12 minutes. I had a feeling that REREAD was not the answer but I played it because I couldn’t think of any other possibilities that fit. SPREAD didn’t occur to me until after my third guess otherwise that would have been my third guess.

This is just the third time I have started a game with 1.3.2. Both of the other games happened in August. I finished one of those games in 3 guesses and the other one in 5 guesses.

⬛️🟨⬛️🟨🟨🟩⬛️ DESTINY
⬛️🟩⬛️⬛️🟩🟩🟩 FIGMENT
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 VIOLENT

This one took me a while. It took a lot of thinking and playing with the letters before I found my third guess. I did not consult my list of start words this time around.

It has been more than three months since the last time I started with 1.3.3 and finished in three guesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment