Monday, December 5, 2022

Wordle 534

⬛️🟩⬛️⬛️🟨 ROUGE
⬛️🟩⬛️🟩⬛️ CODEX
⬛️🟩⬛️🟩⬛️ MOSEY
⬛️🟩🟨🟩⬛️ VOWEL
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 WOKEN

This wasn’t a fast game. I started to get nervous after my third guess that it was going to be “one of those games”. The only thing that I found somewhat reassuring was that I didn’t see a ton of possibilities.

It is unusual (4/29) for it to take me 5 guesses to finish a game that began with 1.1.3 but the previous time that happened was less than a week ago on Nov 30. The other two times this happened were in March and April.

🟨⬛️⬛️⬛️🟩 ROUGE
⬛️🟩🟩⬛️🟩 BRINE
⬛️🟩🟩⬛️🟩 CRIME
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ARISE

This game didn’t take long, just a few minutes. I started to get nervous after my third guess. I think I got lucky because there were probably a lot of possible words that fit.

⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️🟨🟨 MANGER
🟨🟨⬛️🟨⬛️⬛️ REDOUT
⬛️⬛️🟨🟨🟨🟩 CHORES
⬛️🟩⬛️🟩🟩🟩 POWERS
⬛️🟩⬛️🟩🟩🟩 BOXERS
⬛️🟩⬛️🟩🟩🟩 LOVERS
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 JOKERS

This game took me a while. I sweated this one out but managed to find the right word in the end. I’m not sure how many other possibilities were left at that point.

I forgot to play yesterday so my first streak ends without a loss. What a way to start a new streak! This is just the second time it has taken me 7 guesses to finish a game. The previous time was on Sep 1.

I had a thought after the fact that this word might have been played before. I checked and found that it was also the answer on Aug 7. It took me five guesses to finish the game that time around.

🟨🟨⬛️⬛️🟨⬛️🟨 STORIED
🟩🟨🟨🟨🟨⬛️🟨 DATINGS
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 DISTANT

This took 10-15 minutes. I wanted my second guess to begin with DIST but DISTANT didn’t occur to me until after my second guess.

I forgot to play yesterday so this is the beginning of my third streak.

This is the 16th time I have started a game with 0.4.3. I finished half of those games (8/16) in three guesses.


They did it again. They reset the Septle games. The 5-letter game is now the same as the NYT game.

⬛️🟨⬛️⬛️🟨⬛️ MANGER
⬛️🟨🟨🟩🟨⬛️ PLEADS
🟨⬛️⬛️🟩🟨⬛️ EXHALE
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 DETAIL

This was faster but less dramatic game than I played earlier today. I goofed on my third guess and forgot to make sure that there was a D in the word.

🟩⬛️🟨🟨🟨🟨⬛️ STORIED
🟩⬛️🟨🟨🟩🟨⬛️ STEROID
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 SERIOUS

This took me a while. I knew my second guess wasn’t the answer but I tried it anyway because I had so much trouble finding words that fit. I consulted my list of start words but there wasn’t anything on it that fit.

This is the first time I have started a game with 1.4.2. It is just the third time there have been five green or yellow letters in my first guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment