Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Wordle 864

⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️🟨 NOIRE
⬛️🟨🟨⬛️⬛️ PEACH
⬛️🟨⬛️🟨⬛️ MATEY
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 BLEAK

Time: 4-5 minutes

I doubted after my third guess that I would finish this game in 4 guesses.

I had a similar game on Jun 30. They were not identical but there were a remarkable number of similarities. I started with 1.1.4, I finished in 4 guesses, it was a 5G game, there were 5 yellow and 10 black letters, and it took me 4-5 minutes to complete.

Buckle your seatbelts. This game checks off a lot of boxes. 

This is the 250th game I have finished in 4 guesses. Six percent (15/250) of those games were 5G games. Six percent (15/250) of those games were 0Y games. There is no overlap between the 5G games that I finished in 4 guesses and the 0Y games that I finished in 4 guesses. I don’t have complete records so I don’t have detailed information about the first four games that I finished in 4 guesses but I am pretty sure that I did not have any 5G or 0Y games within the first 15 games that I played.

This is the 16th game this month that I have finished in 4 guesses which ties my high mark for games finished in 4 guesses within a single month. This is the fourth time I have finished 16 games in four guesses in a month. The other three times this happened were Sep 2022, Dec 2022, and Apr 2023.

This is my fourth 5G game this month and twelfth 5G game this streak. I have finished one third (4/12) of my 5G games this streak in 4 guesses. The other eight games were finished in either 2 (2) or 3 (6) guesses.

This is the 14th time I have started a 5G game with 0.1.4. I have finished all 5G games that began with 0.1.4 in 3 (8) or 4 (6) guesses.

This is the first time this month that my next to last guess was 0.2.3. This is the fifth time this month that my next to last guess has contained zero green letters. This ties a mark that I also reached in Jul 2022 and Mar 2023. This is the first time (in a single month) that I have had at least one game a piece in which my next to last guess has been 0.1.4, 0.2.3, 0.3.2, or 0.4.1.

Games played: 616
Winning streak: 175

My average number of guesses per game remained steady. It was 4.05 when I was 150 games into this streak and it is still 4.05 at the 175 game mark.

I believe this is the first time that a milestone game of this sort has fallen on the last day of the month. I will have to win another 850 consecutive games for it to happen again during this streak. If I manage that feat it will happen on Feb 28, 2026. 

Previous milestones in this streak: Game 42 - Game 75 - Game 95 - Game 100 - Game 125 - Game 150



That’s it for October. It took me an average of exactly 4 guesses to finish a game in October.

I finished all but one of my games in Oct in 3 to 5 guesses. I did not finish any games in fewer than 3 guesses.

I did not start a single game in Oct with 0.1.4 and finish it in 5 guesses. This is the second time in 20 months that has happened. The other time this happened was in Apr 2023.

I started just 6 games with 0.1.4 this month. This does not set a new record. My monthly record for fewest games started with 0.1.4 is 5 games.

I usually start more games in a single month with 0.1.4 than I do any other color combination. This is the fourth time I have started more games in a single month with something other than 0.1.4 than I have with 0.1.4. All four times this has happened the most frequently occurring combination has been 0.2.3. 

I had four 5G games and four 0Y games in October. This is the first time I have had four of each in a single month and the third time I have had a combination of eight such games in a single month.


No comments:

Post a Comment