Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Wordle 990

⬛️🟨⬛️⬛️⬛️ SHAVE
⬛️⬛️⬛️🟩🟩 PORCH
⬛️⬛️⬛️🟩🟩 DITCH
⬛️🟩⬛️🟩🟩 GULCH
⬛️🟩🟩🟩🟩 BUNCH
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 HUNCH

Time: 4-5 minutes

I saw two possibilities after my fourth guess. I tried one of them. It got me closer to the right answer but that wasn’t it. I was about to try the second word when it occurred to me that there was another possible answer. I usually go with the first word that occurs to me but this was my last guess. I pondered it for probably close to a minute before I decided to go with HUNCH, the word that I didn’t think of until after my fifth guess.

I really wasn’t sure and didn’t have a HUNCH that HUNCH was the answer but I decided that there was something appropriate about HUNCH being the answer and that I would be very disappointed with myself if I went with MUNCH and it turned out that I had chosen the wrong word. Weighing in to this decision was the fact that my eighth streak (213 games) ended when I chose to play ERODE but the answer turned out to be BROKE.

I haven’t arrived at my sixth guess and seen more than one possible answer in a while. It was a little scary, especially after yesterday’s milestone game.

This game ended my streak of games that I finished in fewer than 6 guesses at 53 games. This was my second streak of games that I finished in fewer than 6 guesses that lasted 53 games. See yesterday’s notes for more about that other streak. My next longest streak of games that I finished in under 6 guesses was just 34 games in length.

This game ended my streak of games without finishing a game correctly in 6 guesses. My longest streak of games without finishing a game correctly in 6 guesses was 77 games in length. That streak of games started in Sep 2022 and included three games where I used all 6 guesses but didn’t get the right answer. It ended with the other streak of 53 games that I finished in fewer than 6 guesses.

This is the second time that I have finished the first 5 games of the month each in a different number of guesses. The last and only other time this happened was in Jan 2023.

This is the 17th game this streak that I have finished in 6 guesses. I finished 17 games in 6 guesses during my eighth streak (213 games). The 17th time I finished a game in 6 guesses during my eighth streak was my 210th game of that streak.

This is the first time this month that I have started a game with 0.1.4 and finished it in 6 guesses. I have started at least one game with 0.1.4 and finished it in 6 guesses in 16 of the past 25 months. Six of the 24 games that I have started with 0.1.4 and finished in 6 guesses have occurred during my current streak. 

Games played: 742
Winning streak: 301

No comments:

Post a Comment