Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Wordle 1929

⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️ UNPLY
⬛️⬛️⬛️🟨⬛️ CHARM
⬛️🟨🟨⬛️⬛️ GRIST
⬛️🟩⬛️🟩🟩 WIDER
⬛️🟩⬛️🟩🟩 FIBER
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 RIVER

Time 6:50

That was close! I thought about about turning off hard mode after my fourth guess but I didn’t. My fourth guess, according to the bot, narrowed down the possible answers to four words. I didn’t know that until after the fact, of course. Other words I thought about playing after my fourth guess included BIKER, FIVER, and FIXER but FIBER seemed like best choice because it had both B and F. RIVER didn’t occur to me until after my fifth guess.

I played 20 different letters in this game. This is the 13th time I have played exactly 20 different letters in a game and the 20th time that I have played twenty or more different letters in the course of a game.

This is the fifth time that I have successfully completed back to back games in 6 guesses. The last time it happened was March 24-25, 2026. See my game from 03/25/26 for more information on this phenomenon.

This is the first time this month and 25th time overall that I have started a game with 0.0.5 and successfully finished it in 6 guesses.

Games played: 1681
Winning streak: 139

That’s it for September. My average score this month was 4.1 which is worse than last month but better than all of the first seven months of 2026.

For the second time this year and second month in a row I finished the month with a positive +/- 4 score.

I started and ended the month with games that I successfully completed in 6 guesses. This is the fourth time that has happened. The prior months in which this has happened are Jun 2022, Jan 2025, and Jun 2026.

I finished 80 percent (24/30) of my games in 10 minutes or less. I had two games that it took me over 20 minutes to complete. This is the first time since Oct 2023 that I have finished more than one game in a calendar month in over 20 minutes.

I started more games with 0.0.5 than I did with 0.1.4. This has happened before but only a few times. The last time it happened was March 2026.



No comments:

Post a Comment