Monday, July 20, 2026

Wordle 1857

⬛️⬛️⬛️🟨⬛️ MOURN
⬛️🟨⬛️⬛️⬛️ CRASH
⬛️🟨🟨🟨⬛️ PERIL
⬛️🟩⬛️🟩🟩 TIGER
⬛️🟩⬛️🟩🟨 BIKED
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 DIVER

Time 19:05

It was smart of me to turn off hard mode but I should have done it sooner and also I got lucky.

I probably should have turned off hard mode after my third guess. My fifth guess, in retrospect was not a very good one even though it did get me the D. A better fifth guess would probably have been VIBED. I would have been much more confident about making DIVER my sixth guess if VIBED had been my fifth one.

Getting back to reality, even after my fifth guess I saw at least three possible answers. DIVER was the first one that popped into my head so that’s the one I went with but I agonized over it quite a bit before finally giving it a try. Other possibilities I considered at that point were WIDER and RIDER. According to Wordlebot there was another possible word, EIDER.

This is the first time this month that I have started a game with 0.1.4 and successfully finished it in 6 guesses. I have started at least one game with 0.1.4 and successfully finished it in 6 guesses in 32 of the past 53 games.

Games played: 1609
Winning streak: 67

No comments:

Post a Comment