Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Wordle 675

⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️🟨 ANGLO
⬛️🟩⬛️⬛️⬛️ TOUCH
⬛️🟩⬛️⬛️🟨 POISE
⬛️🟩⬛️🟩🟩 MOWER
⬛️🟩⬛️🟩🟩 BORER
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 JOKER

Time: 21-22 minutes

Phew!! That was very nearly my shortest streak yet. With this game I have tied my shortest streak up till now which happened back in Sep 2022 just before I began my longest streak to date.

I could see after my fourth guess that there was more than just two possibilities. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what the possible answers were and what I should try next. I came up with six possible answers.

I looked back through past solutions and found one of the words I had written down (FOYER). That still left me with five possible answers and two chances to get it right. My fifth guess (BORER) eliminated three of the five words. The other two words it eliminated were BOXER and ROVER. It was a toss up at that point between JOKER and DOZER. I got lucky and chose the right word.

Looking back on it now I can see that if I had played BAKER as my fifth guess it would have narrowed it down to just JOKER. Of course, if JOKER had not been the answer and the answer began with a B then I still would have been left with a toss up between BORER and BOXER. 

Games played: 427
Winning streak: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment